Out-of-Province Inspections in Edmonton, AB
Licensed Inspection Facility -- Edmonton Chassis Auto Repair
Edmonton Chassis is licensed by Alberta Transportation, to perform Out-of-Province Inspections on cars and light trucks.
Out-of-Province Inspections on cars and light trucks start at $150. The inspection technician may determine during the course of their inspection that a 4-wheel alignment is required to pass an out of province inspection starting at $130 for an adjustment only 4-wheel alignment if it is deemed necessary. Best to call us for information.
Out-of-Province Inspection Process
When a vehicle is brought in to Alberta from another province or from another country, an out of province inspection is required before the vehicle may be registered. This is where Edmonton Chassis comes in. We are an Out-of-Province Inspection facility.
Our system for performing out of province inspections is as follows:
- A customer makes an appointment to bring their vehicle for an out of province inspection. When they bring their vehicle to our facility, they provide us with a ‘Request for Inspection’ which is a form obtained from the registry. We can obtain a ‘Request for Inspection” on your behalf from the registry should you not have one. At the time of drop-off, the customer will be required to provide a copy of government-issued identification.
- An Automotive Inspection Technician checks the vehicle from top to bottom. All steering and brake components are measured and recorded. Tire brand and tread depths are recorded. All Airbag and ABS systems are checked using computerized scanning equipment. Finally, if the inspection technician determines it is necessary, a 4-wheel alignment is performed and the vehicle is test-driven a second time to ensure the steering and ride is correct.
- At this time the customer is contacted and they are able to retrieve their vehicle. Payment in full is required before the vehicle will be released. If there are any repairs that are required, the customer will be provided with a copy of the ‘Record of Inspection’ which details what repairs need to be made.
- The customer then has 10 business days from the date of the inspection to complete the repairs and bring the vehicle back. Otherwise, the inspection expires and the entire inspection must be done again at the same price as the original inspection.
- When the repairs have been completed, the customer may contact us to bring the vehicle back to Edmonton Chassis so our inspection technicians can verify that the repairs have been made, unless the repairs have been completed by us.
- If all the repairs are verified, or if the vehicle passes the inspection on the first attempt, we issue an Out of Province Certificate. The customer submits this certificate to the Registry within 14 days. The vehicle may now be registered and insured.