Salvage Inspections in Edmonton, AB
Trust Your Local Salvage Repair Experts - Edmonton AB
Edmonton Chassis is licensed by Alberta Transportation, to perform Salvage Inspections. Salvage inspections start at $300 on cars and $400 for salvage inspections on trucks. A 4-wheel alignment is also required to pass a salvage inspection starting at $130 for an adjustment only 4-wheel alignment.
You are welcome to bring an original printout of a 4-wheel alignment performed on the vehicle within the last 2 weeks. This printout must have the name of the shop that performed the alignment, the name of the technician, the date, and the vehicle information including the VIN #. It is best to call us for more information.
Salvage Inspection Process
When a vehicle is involved in a serious collision or is stolen, an insurance company often ‘writes the vehicle off’. In other words, the insurance company decides that the cost of repairing the vehicle is more than the vehicle is worth. In the case of stolen vehicles, often the vehicle is not recovered before the insurance company writes the vehicle off. The insurance company then declares the vehicle ‘salvage’ and contacts Alberta Transportation to request that the Alberta Registry Database affix a ‘salvage’ status to the vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number). This ‘Salvage’ label is permanent. From this point on, if anybody tries to register the vehicle, the registry will require a salvage inspection certificate. This is a government-issued certificate that is granted once the vehicle has passed a salvage inspection at one of the licensed salvage inspection stations in Alberta.
This is where Edmonton Chassis comes in. We are a Salvage Inspection Facility. Our system for performing salvage inspections is as follows:
- A customer makes an appointment to bring their vehicle for a Salvage Inspection.
- When they bring their vehicle to our facility, they provide us with a ‘Request for Inspection’ which is a form obtained from any Alberta registry.
- We can obtain a ‘Request for Inspection” on your behalf from the registry office.
- At the time of drop-off, the customer will be required to provide a copy of government-issued identification, at least 4 pictures printed and in the color of the vehicle PRIOR TO IT BEING REPAIRED.
- Customer will fill out a Rebuilt Vehicle Work Plan.